Earlier this week it was announced that President Obama had sent a letter to the NSA proposing changes which considered to be “reasonable goals.” In the interest of maintaining transparency The Annual has come into possession of said proposal through a series of wire taps and we would now like to share it with the American public.
I hope you don’t mind if I call you Keith, perhaps General Keith, I’m not sure which I like best. In the past year, your department has come under increased public scrutiny thanks to noted war criminal Edward Snowden. Still, I believe we must change things to show that we’re doing some good for the nation. Here are my very reasonable goals for NSA in 2014:
- Give all Americans a courtesy call prior to phone tapping, that way they’re aware that the NSA is listening to their every word.
- Convert every mirror into two-way mirrors.
- Consider sending complimentary fruit baskets to unhappy Americans in order to smooth things over.
- For the love of God, limit the tap time on sex lines. Those bastards are still charging us.
- Establish a backup plan for the backup plan when lines are down. Cups with string have to be proven ineffective.
- Remove toilet-cams from all government buildings and fast food restaurants.
- If you hear a man speaking with a “girly man” voice, it is your duty to inform him. Refer him to the James Earl Jones hotline.
- The Hills Have Eyes themed decorations for all newly constructed NSA surveillance buildings.
- Literally installing the eyes of traitors to the US in various hills, that way the public will know we’re serious.
- Agents need to stop telling people that NSA stands for “Non-Stop America.”
- Send out ads that correspond to what people have been talking about, people like targeted advertisements.
- Send out letters detailing out poor grammar and choices, while providing information for local ESL classes.
- New complimentary Birthday, Engagement, Anniversary, New born, New Job, New car, Pet Birthday, Sympathy For Your Plant Dying, Congrats On Getting That Stye Removed, Congrats For Completing One Year of Therapy; Here’s To The Next Twenty, Yeah That Amazon Customer Service Rep Was A Complete Dick, and I’m Sorry Your Mom Keeps Calling Asking Why The TV Isn’t Working cards.
- Convert all insects into listening devices. AKA: Bugs
Seems simple enough. Increasingly covert and 100% serious. I’m not talking about reinventing the shoe phone here. Just some simple improvements for 2014.
HAGS (Have A Great Summer)
-President Barack H. Obama
Letter composed by:
Parker Benbow, Kevin Cole, Lily Fryburg, Briana Haynie, Matt Lee, Andrew Michaels, Emily Perper, Scott Travers