Fireworks weren’t the only thing banging last nigh, and statistically someone reading this has to be pregnant so consider this your one-stop-shop for baby names!
- L’il Spark, or Sparky….Cuz everyone knows that if a spark from a firework lands on you, you get pregnant.
- Baker, for the park in which they were conceived.
- “America”…after the beer that inspired the conception
- Katy Perry, as inspired by firework
- George Washington
–Lisa Burl, Isabel Duarte, Giovanni Kavota,
Lydia Hadfield, Emily Perper, T.M. Scholtes
- Under the bed
- Under the covers
- In the basement
- Your boss’s skirt
- Bagpipe bag
- In a bush
- In a purse
- Chewing/ripping all the stuffing out of the couch cushion and wearing it like an animal skin
- Turning fear into aggression as he chases the neighborhood kids.
- His personal flashbacks of Vietnam
- FBI witness protection program
- Bomb shelter you didn’t know he made
- In your cornhole (the game, of course)
–Lisa Burl, Isabel Duarte, James McGarvey, T.M. Scholtes,
Lent is upon us and for the next six weeks Christians will be giving up anything from chocolate to watching TV. We’ve compiled 52 essential things to quit for lent, see how many you’re giving up and tell your friends how good a Christian you are!
1-3: Fallen Angel; 4-10: Decent Christian; 11-20: Good Christian; 21-30: Altar boy; 31-40: Disciple; 41-51: John The Baptist
52: Pope Francis
- Faith in Christ
- Lean Pockets
- The type of art where you make paintings out of your vomit
- Sharing things on Facebook before doing 5 seconds of research to see if it’s made up
- Telling everyone that the fish jumped out of the water and somehow got its mouth stuck on your penis by itself
- Roller-blades (but not skates)
- Making every bun a pretzel bun
- Using the words “correctomundo” and “fo-sho” — See also: “epic”
- Alcohol over 18% (ok, maybe 31%)
- Indulgent chuckling
- Ironic appropriation of AAVE
- Having sex with your friends’ boyfriends (I heard Jesus would really appreciate it)
- Pro-life bumper stickers
- Eye contact
- Chocolate flavored prophylactics
- Taking all your self-loathing and personal frustrations out on the Kardashian/West family
- Thinking about the country of Africa to make you feel better about your problems
- Answering incriminating questions
- The physical limitations of gravity
- Your virginity
- ALL television (but, like, TV-television. Not computer television. that’s different.)
- Über and everything they stand for
- Instagramming my breakfast
- The Annual
- “Wonderwall” by Oasis
- Plotting revenge
- Making ‘Fetch’ happen
- Catching up on Game of Thrones before the next season
- Having earbuds in for the sole purpose of not talking to your co-workers
- Dipping triscuits in straight-up frosting
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Ugg boots
- My Sherpa
- My Sharona
- My Giant
- The Mayan Calendar
- Lionel Ritchie’s Greatest Hits
- Tickling bystanders
- Walking up to unsuspected people whispering “I like the way your breath smells in the morning.”
- Taking selfies of selfies
- Drinking Jack and milk
–Lisa Burl, Kevin Cole, Isabel Duarte, Hannah Gutman, Lydia Hadfield,
David Luna, James McGarvey, Christine McQuaid, T.M. Scholtes
This Sunday August 23, 2015 at 7pm, The Last Hurrah is going back to school! Join your host Kevin Cole and a panel of comedians as they lean into grade school nostalgia. Everything from fire drills to government subsidized school lunches will be provided. It’s all of the school with none of the work or education, just free comedy and one last chance to pick on the new kid (that’s a major no-no, don’t pick on the new kid unless you want ten demerits).
Episode written by: Lisa Burl, Kevin Cole, Caitlyn Joy, James McGarvey and Christine McQuaid
Join the fun Sunday, 7pm at the Maryland Ensemble Theatre
Catch up on past episodes!
This week on The Last Hurrah, we’re joined by Lisa Burl (one half of the creative team behind Balls Deep(er) in Love) and a slightly drugged Christine McQuaid. Together we discussed bad break ups, help some audience member settle their love trouble and even reached into the depths craigslist to help some Frederick locals find love, whether or not they came to the show. We also said goodbye to a dear gallbladder, who will be sorely missed (until the drugs kick in).
On this very special episode of The Last Hurrah, we sat down with delightful Joshua Castille who is currently making the leap from Deaf West’s production of Spring Awakening to Broadway! We learned about his origin story of discovering theatre via a shower curtain and how he and Christine McQuaid became fast friends. We discuss what goes into making a production of Spring Awakening that’s accessible to both the hearing and the deaf and just how tight the show’s ensemble must be to pull it off.
Episode 15 of The Last Hurrah is now online! You can click the picture above to listen!
The weekend came to a close with a real murder, as Kevin attempts to hunt down the murderer from the crowd, Andrew, Lisa, Caitlyn and Emily discuss death, serial killers, horror movies and more. It’s a twisted fun episode you won’t want to miss*.
*Unless a trigger warning for death/murder/grusome acts falls under your umbrella, then it’s okay to sit this one out.
We’ll be back at the Maryland Ensemble Theatre on Sunday Nov. 2nd! Be sure to join us!
Episode 10 of The Last Hurrah is now online! You can click the picture above to listen!
This weekend came to a close as we bid a fond farewell to regular panelist Bobby (Booby Martine) Martin! Join us as we look back on this German’s love of Irish culture and cosplay with panelists Lisa Burl and Adam Mathan Eisenstadt. Joan would’ve loved it.
Please support the show by subscribing and reviewing the show on itunes and join us Sundays at 7pm at the Maryland Ensemble Theatre.
Episode 6 of The Last Hurrah is now online! You can click the picture above to listen!
This weekend came to a close with Andrew Michaels taking on the role of guest host before Kevin returned from camp, and in celebration of Otakon everyone but Kevin spent the show enjoying the wonders of cosplay. Panelists included Robert Martin, Lisa Burl, Karli Cole, and fresh outta the wilderness Kevin Cole. Topics discuss this week include Otakon, summer camp, dreams, and beer.
Please support the show by subscribing and reviewing the show on itunes or join us Sundays at 7pm at the Maryland Ensemble Theatre.